Abacela's Grenache Rose highlighted on VindulgeBlog.com

July Favorites

by  on JULY 27, 2014
A roundup of my favorite things from the week in the categories of wine, food, travel, and lifestyle.

It’s been awhile since I posted my weekly favorites.  This month was a blur, involving lots of travel, visitors, and toddlers who aren’t in preschool for the summer (eek!).  So here are a few favs from the last couple weeks.  Since the kids are by my side 24/7, there will be several mentions of them.  Be warned.

WINE

Everything’s coming up rosé

No camping excursion is complete with out wine. And I’m really digging this type of backyard camping trip where I can just run inside to grab a bottle from the fridge and dunk it in the ice bucket and never have to worry about running out of ice (or refrigeration for that matter).
 

 

 

 

 

2013 Abacela Grenache Rosé 

Umpqua Valley, Southern Oregon
I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for this baby to come out.  You may have heard me rave about this rosé before. Heck I even hailed it as the rosé I most look forward to year after year in this article on Snooth.  In that piece I said I couldn’t wait for the 2013 vintage, and it finally arrived.
We popped it open on camping night.  The perfect accompaniment to a warm summer night while sitting next to the “campfire,” with aromas of fresh red berry fruit (strawberry, cherry, raspberry), brightened up by some fresh lemon and grapefruit citrus aromas and flavors. Fresh, crisp, dry, and a bit minerally on the palate.  This is summer in a glass.
* * * * *
Try Abacela's 2013 Grenache Rosé today!
Read the original post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Albariño wins big at Sunset Wine Competition!

2016 Cascadia Wine Competition Results are in!